A marriage registration form is a document that is essential to register marriage under Hindu marriage Act or Special marriage act across India. The format of the form is important as it contain all the details of bride and groom, their residential address, name initials, contact details and more. This format is applicable for all the marriage registrations however the requirement for various types of registration may differ.
In India, marriage registration is allowed between two partners husband and wife, who have married to each other as per their religious rituals. These two partner’s relation must not come under prohibited list of relationship. Both the applicant must be at permissible age to register their relationship.
Is one form is applicable for registration under Special or Hindu marriage Act?
To register under Hindu Marriage Act, specific form is required. To register marriage under Hindu act, both partners must be a resident of India and must follow any Hindu religion.
To get certificate under Special Marriage Act given below schedules must be included.
- THE SECOND SCHEDULE (NOTICE OF INTENDED MARRIAGE),
- THE THIRD SCHEDULE (DECLARATION TO BE MADE BY THE BRIDEGROOM),
- THE FOURTH SCHEDULE (CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE),
- THE FIFTH SCHEDULE CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE (CELEBRATED IN OTHER FORMS),
- Form I (Summons to Witness),
- Form III Application for Registration of a Marriage Under Sec. 15 of The Special Marriage Act, 1954
Download Marriage Registration PDF form file here.
Under Special marriage act one partner may belong to different religion other than Hindu. Second marriage special marriage act is applicable.
How to Download Marriage Registration form Online?
You can visit your city’s municipal corporation website and can check download forms options. Go to the link and save the file in PDF format. But before downloading, check headline of the form and which form is required, as city specific forms are also available. You can also get marriage form from marriage registration offices in your area. Before approaching them check their open and close timings.
Attach following documents with the application form at the time of visiting in registrar office:
- Marriage Proof – Invitation Card or Affidavit taken through the court / notary.
- Couple Photo – Marriage Photographs with each other along and 6 single passport size photos are required.
- Residence Proof – Domicile certificate, Ration card, Passport can be used as address proof for native place.
- Date of birth proof – Birth certificate, school leaving certificate and affidavit can be used as proof. Permissible age for boys to marry is 21 years and girl can marry at 18 year of age.
- Witnesses of marriage – Witnesses documents are required including residential and birth proof.
You can get more information about marriage registration procedure here https://marriageind.in/marriage-registration-process/