Despite of its rich historical background, Indore is a city which has recently become famous for its culture, improved living standards and progression in Information and Media. A reason why it has been selected as one of the top Indian cities to be developed as hub center under Government’s Smart Cities Mission. Came into existence under Hindu Maratha Empire, the city has gone through tremendous changes in the past few years.
The integrated urban development and communication technology has not only raised its standards but in fact, has made it one of the promising cities to be focused upon for development. Especially if talk about law and orders, then people are participating in implementing new regulations meant for common good. Doing marriage registration is one of them. Indore marriage certificate and registration procedure is quite simple and quick.
Within the jurisdiction under which marriage is solemnized, both or any (husband or wife) can apply for the certificate by submitting an application within prescribed format. Form A of the Schedule is applicable for the same. This is mandatory for those living permanently within the premises of jurisdiction. However, if groom doesn’t reside permanently then triplicate must be made and sent by the Registrar within whose jurisdiction groom permanently resides.
Any such application can be entertained by the Registrar of the District and further the application must be forwarded to Sub Registrar as well. A certificate attested by Gazetted officer is also required. Form A can also be accompanied with certificate authorized by Pradhan of a Gaon Sabha, Sarpanch of a Nyaya Panchayat or Pramukh of a Kshettra Samiti or the President of any other local body. If any party resides outside then certificate from Indian Consul and Vice consul must be presented.
According to legal framework of Indian marriage constitution either of two Marriage Acts are applicable. Hindu Act and Special Marriage Act allow males of 21 years of age and females of 18 years of age to solemnize wedding under any of the law. However, conditions are applicable to get registered under Special act though the eligibility is same. Special Marriage Act is applicable in case of second marriage, Spouse is not alive, parties are divorced, in case of foreign marriage. But their relationship must not come under prohibited list of relations by the law.
Required Applicant’s Information & Documents
- Name and address of bridegroom and bride
- Signature of bride and bridegroom
- Signature of 3 attesting witness present at the time of marriage along with their name and address,
- Joint photo of bride and bridegroom with signature over such photo
- Hindu or Special Marriage Act Application Form whichever is applicable.
- 8 Passport Size Photographs – each of Marrying Persons.
- Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Card / Driving License / Aadhar Card)
- Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card)
- Copy of Voter ID Card / Passport / Pan Card / Driving License / Aadhar Card
- Two Witnesses and their ID & address proof (Pan Card / Voter ID card / Aadhar Card) along with 4 each passport size photograph.
- Copy of Divorce Decree Papers (Must be 3 months old)
- If any partner is widow or widower then copy of Death Certificate.
After form and document submission, verification of all the documents is carried out on the date of application and a day is fixed and communicated to the parties for registration. On the said day, both parties, along with a Gazetted Officer who attended their marriage, need to be present before the SDM. The marriage certificate is issued on the same day.
The list of require documents for Arya Samaj Marriage & court marriage in Indore is same. You can also go to given below link and can check online marriage certificate application form. Court marriage registration form can be downloaded from the official website in pdf format. You can also search marriage registrar office Indore for any further query.
Check Andhra Pradesh Marriage Registration process https://marriageind.in/andhra-pradesh-marriage-certificate/ &
Pune Marriage Rules Here