Howrah marriage registration is compulsory as per the State Government notification appeared in one of the publication recently. Couples who have recently tied the knot are likely to register their marital status irrespective of the religion and caste.
Within one month of the application form submission, couple require producing original documents that demonstrate their identity and fulfil requirements as prescribed. According to Hindu Marriage Act, there is a separate procedure to register marriage if Hindu marriage is concern however, in case of second marriage and any other case, special marriage act is applicable.
Under the rules and regulation, applicants require producing date of birth proofs, passport size photos, affidavit from both the parties, wedding card along with dually filled application form. It is mandatory to be registered under any of the Acts.
The certificate helps in various legal matters and official administrative tasks including passport making procedure after marriage. According to Social Welfare Department of India, there is an increase in registration has been noticed in the recent years. However, the ratio was comparatively low when Hindu and Special marriage act came into existence.
The issuance of certificate is done only after completion of prescribed procedure that includes application form submission, registration, verification, availability of witness and required documents. The age criteria in accordance to the Constitutional act must also be met to legally acquire certificate for wedding validity.
Additional-Divisional Magistrate(ADM) in whose jurisdiction either the husband or the wife resides will then issue certificate after verifying all the documents, witness’s identity proof. This official record can be only obtained only after undertaking a marriage ceremony. Thus, proof related to marriage that held previously is mandatory.
Instructions to Get Marriage Certificate on Time:
- Pay application fee online or at the office counter and safely secure receipt.
- Don’t indulge in illegal issuance of certificate as revenue department annually check data, as unauthorized certificate holder is liable to come under legal action.
- Follow right procedure, and before proceeding ensure that registration has be done under Hindu or Special marriage act.
- Always submit copy of documents instead of original copy. Application must be dually signed by groom and bride and attested by gazette office.
- Cross check required documents and get at least two photocopy sets before submitting final application.
- Official person will completely assist in case of complaints regarding issuance/loss/delay or certificate. Know More
Important Applicant’s Detail
- Applicant’s Name Scheduled A & B (husband / wife details)
- Name and Address of District/ Sub Division
- Age with date of birth of Applicants in respective columns
- Permanent/ Present address
- Deceleration (Section C)
- Name of husband / wife
- Date / Place of marriage
- Municipal Office name
- Details in Schedule F (For Family)
- Number of application receipt
- Date of registration
- Applicants Name (husband / wife)
- Certificate/Proof of Marriage by Gram Pradhan/Chairman Nagar Palika/Any Gazetted Officer
- Bride and Groom’s Birth Certificate
- Domicile/ Residence Certificate issued by Mamlatdar/ Sarpanch of Taluka/ Village.
- Ration card or identity card copy issued by the Election Commission of India or any other documents like passport or identity card issued by the employer etc.
- School leaving certificate of the applicants
- Marriage invitation card
- Witness’s Identity proof
Marriage Registrar in Howrah
- 91 33 26451524, No. 60, Daspara Road, Liluah, Howrah, Kolkata – 711203
- +91 33 33204357, No. 14/4, Puratan Shiv Lane, Howrah, Kolkata – 711102
- +91 33 30816565, Basudevpur, Shib Tala, Banipur, Howrah, Kolkata – 711304
- +91 33 33205960 No. 235, Netaji Subhash Road, Howrah, Kolkata – 711101
- +91 33 26371268, No. 20, Chintamoni Dey Road, Howrah, Kolkata – 711101
- 91 33 30816560 Palpara, Baksara, Howrah, Kolkata – 711101
- +91 33 33204105, No. 113, Tripura Roy Lane, Salkia, Howrah, Kolkata – 711103
- +91 33 26556207, No. 112, Girish Ghosh Road, Liluah, Howrah, Kolkata – 711204
- 46 A/33/3, Shibpur Bazar, Shibpur Road, Shibpur, Howrah – 711102
- 112/1, Chowrasta, Benaras Road, Salkia, Howrah – 711106
Office Locations & Contact details of the marriage registration office in Howrah can be obtained from the official website too.
The concerned authority will take processing time to issue certificate (which is a week or maximum a month after completion of procedure).
Sub-Registrar within the limits of his jurisdiction and every Registrar of the district will put a notice before issuing the certificate. If no objection is raised certificate will be sent or delivered personally at the applicant’s address by post.